How to Order a Prescription Medicine
1. Ask your vet for a written prescription for the medicines that your pet needs. Your vet will still need to see your pets just as often for health checks and monitoring BUT the medicines will be much cheaper if you buy online.
You can start to fill out some of the details and then ask your vet to complete it, by signing, dating and stamping it with their veterinary practice stamp.
2. Go to www.vetscriptions.co.uk order the medicines and make your secure payment through Shopify or Paypal.
3. Post the original prescription to:
335 Lower Addiscombe Road
- as soon as we receive the prescription, we will send the medicine to you – it couldn’t be easier!
- A Prescription is only valid for 6 months from the date of signing, or in the case of Schedule 3 Controlled Drugs such as Epiphen or Phenoleptil, 28 days only
- We can only dispense up to the total quantity stated on the prescription. If you attempt to order more, you will be refunded the difference less a £5.00 handling charge.
- A prescription is a legal document. It is an offence to submit a fraudulent prescription to obtain veterinary medicines or for a person to alter a prescription in any way unless authorised to do so by the prescriber. Any suspected case of such fraud or unlawful alteration of a prescription will be referred to the appropriate enforcement body. If we have any concerns about the validity of a prescription, the details will be verified with the issuing veterinary surgeon.
Veterinary Prescription Only Medicines (designated POM-V) can only be dispensed and supplied to purchasers within the United Kingdom on receipt of a Prescription from a UK-registered veterinary surgeon, however, the law also allows you to choose whether to buy your animal Prescription Only Medicines (POM-V) and other health products from your vet or whether you'd like to save yourself up to 50% on every single purchase by buying them on-line from vetscriptions.co.uk