Pro-Kolin Enterogenic acts to reinforce the intestinal mucosal barrier, this aids and assists the intestinal immune system and to normalise the balance of good and bad bacteria in the intestine.
Pro-Kolin Enterogenic contains:
- Alpha-glucan butyrogenic - A resistant starch that is fermented by the resident microflora to produce butyrate (a short-chain fatty acid) which is the preferred energy source for colonocytes (the cells lining the large intestine).
- MPS Protect - A mucopolysaccharide that reinforces the intestinal mucin.
- Probiotics - The EU-registered strain Enterococcus faecium (DSM 10663/ NCIMB 10415) 4b1707.
- Prebiotics - A food source for beneficial bacteria. Pro-Kolin Enterogenic contains Preplex prebiotic (fructo-oligosaccharide and Gum arabic), mannan-oligosaccharide (MOS) and beta-glucans.
- Artificial beef flavouring - To improve palatability and compliance.
Pro-Kolin Enterogenic is supplied in a 4g sachet, contained within 30 and 60 sachet packs.