Stronghold Plus is a medicine used to treat mixed infestations with both ticks and other parasites that may be found on the skin or fur of cats, such as fleas, ear mites and lice and/or worms that live inside the body. The medicine can be used:
- to treat tick infestations
- to treat and prevent flea infestations. It can also be used as part of a treatment for flea allergy dermatitis (an allergic reaction to flea bites)
- to treat ear mites
- to treat biting lice infestations
- to treat adult roundworms and adult hookworms in the gut
- to prevent heartworm disease
Stronghold Plus must only be used when there is a need to treat ticks and one or more of the above parasites.
Legal Category: POM-V
To find details on all veterinary medicinal products currently authorised in the UK, please see the VMD's Product Information Database.
IMPORTANT LEGAL INFORMATION: this is a Veterinary Prescription Only Medicine (POM-V), which can only be prescribed by a veterinary surgeon, but may be dispensed by another veterinary surgeon or pharmacist.